Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

May Charges 40 for OBU Sit-In Dec. 11

Dean Ernest R. May yesterday filed the first formal charges with the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities against students connected with the Organization for Black Unity (OBU)'s occupation of University Hall on Thursday, Dec. 11. Forty students reportedly were charged with violation of the Resolution on Rights and Responsibilities.

On Wednesday, May had announced that he planned to file complaints against demonstrators outside of University Hall who attempted to shout him down while he was reading a statement through his bullhorn to black students inside the building.

Charges of Harassment

James Q. Wilson, professor of Government and chairman of the Subcommittee of Six, said that May had given his committee complaints against four students for "harassment" of the dean while he was announcing to University Hall occupiers their temporary suspension.

The other 36 complaints, Wilson said, charged certain OBU members with the takeover and "obstructive demonstration" in University Hall. This is the first time that the University administration has filed formal charges against members of the black organization.