Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

May Charges 40 for OBU Sit-In Dec. 11

Dean Ernest R. May yesterday filed the first formal charges with the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities against students connected with the Organization for Black Unity (OBU)'s occupation of University Hall on Thursday, Dec. 11. Forty students reportedly were charged with violation of the Resolution on Rights and Responsibilities.

On Wednesday, May had announced that he planned to file complaints against demonstrators outside of University Hall who attempted to shout him down while he was reading a statement through his bullhorn to black students inside the building.

Charges of Harassment

James Q. Wilson, professor of Government and chairman of the Subcommittee of Six, said that May had given his committee complaints against four students for "harassment" of the dean while he was announcing to University Hall occupiers their temporary suspension.

The other 36 complaints, Wilson said, charged certain OBU members with the takeover and "obstructive demonstration" in University Hall. This is the first time that the University administration has filed formal charges against members of the black organization.