Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

SECT. I.Of Prudence in a Trade.

ANd the firft of them is Prudence, or Diferetion. It is faid, Pfal. 112.5. A good Manfbeweth F?vour, and lenderb; be will guide his Affairs with Difererion, (or Judgment). Now this Prudence is an Habit of the Mind, inabling a good Man to dis?ose of bis outward Affairs, in the most con??odi??s man?er. It is not that carnal Subtilly, which teaches a Man to get an Eftate by hook or crook; but that godly Wifdom, which is confiftent with a good Confcience. When the Apoftle, James 3.17. mentions the Wisdom which is from above; he plainly implies that there is a Wifdom which is from below . And as the former is the Gift of God, who gives it liberally to thofe that ask it, as Solomon did; fo the latter is earthly, fenfual, and devilif? . Subtilty is nothing elfe but Wifdom degenerate; and Prudence is only Subtilty ftrain'd and purg'd from all Injuftice.

Now true Prudence and Piety were always very good Friends. He, that was Imocency it felf, commended a Serpent's Eye in a Dove's Head: Mat. 10.16. Be ye therefore mife as Ser???, and ???lefs as Doves . Doves, not to hurt or wrong others; Serpents, not to be hurt or wronged