Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Yardling Icemen Beat Dartmouth

With Steve Harris collecting a hat trick, Harvard's freshman hockey team easily defeated an overeager Dartmouth squad. 8-2, Saturday afternoon at Watson Rink.

Dartmouth's inability to keep out of the penalty box contributed to the Crimson victory Harvard scored five of its eight goals while Dartmouth was a man or two down.

The Yardlings got off to a fast start when center Bill Corkery took a pass from John Riley and rifled the puck past goaltender Peter Prouex after a minute and a half of play Before the period was over, Harris had built the Harvard lead to 3-0 with scores on two short flips.

Dave Sullivan tightened the game, 3-1 for Dartmouth by slapping a hard shot past goalie Joe Bertagna with four minutes left in the period.

In the second period Harris beat Prouex for the third time, and Bob McManama and John Riley each contributed a goal to guarantee a victory for the Crimson.

The game's scoring ended with third period scores by Dartmouth's Sullivan and by Riley and Bob Muse of Harvard.

The victory put the next contest Thursday 2-0 before the next contest Thursday against the Boston University freshman.