Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Cindermen Dump Punchless Bruins

By Richard T. Howe

The Harvard track team overwhelmed Brown, 83-26, on Saturday in a final tune-up for this weekend's Heptagonal Meet at Cornell.

The Crimson cindermen took first place in ten of the thirteen events and swept all the points in the 35-pound weight, the broad jump, the mile, and the two-mile.

Sophomore Walter Johnson led all scorers with a victory in the broad jump at 22'1/2", a second place in the hurdles, and a leg of the winning mile relay.

Running in only his second meet of the season, Johnson has rapidly developed into Coach McCurdy's most versatile performer and could be a contender in several events this weekend.

Ed Nosal and Charlie Ajootian provided a solid one-two punch in the weight toss as Nosal copped first-place honors by three inches with a heave of 59'7".

Miler Jon Enscoe coasted to a smooth win in 4:12, snapping the tape with an eight-yard margin on teammate John Heyburn. Tom Spengler finished with a strong burst to complete the sweep.

In the two-mile, Doug Hardin set a brisk, steady pace and gradually pulled away from the field. Hardin eventually lapped everyone but teammate Dave Pottetti and finished first with a time of 8:56.2. Pottetti took second and senior Tim McLoone opened his comeback with third place.