Cindermen Dump Punchless Bruins

By Richard T. Howe

The Harvard track team overwhelmed Brown, 83-26, on Saturday in a final tune-up for this weekend's Heptagonal Meet at Cornell.

The Crimson cindermen took first place in ten of the thirteen events and swept all the points in the 35-pound weight, the broad jump, the mile, and the two-mile.

Sophomore Walter Johnson led all scorers with a victory in the broad jump at 22'1/2", a second place in the hurdles, and a leg of the winning mile relay.

Running in only his second meet of the season, Johnson has rapidly developed into Coach McCurdy's most versatile performer and could be a contender in several events this weekend.

Ed Nosal and Charlie Ajootian provided a solid one-two punch in the weight toss as Nosal copped first-place honors by three inches with a heave of 59'7".

Miler Jon Enscoe coasted to a smooth win in 4:12, snapping the tape with an eight-yard margin on teammate John Heyburn. Tom Spengler finished with a strong burst to complete the sweep.

In the two-mile, Doug Hardin set a brisk, steady pace and gradually pulled away from the field. Hardin eventually lapped everyone but teammate Dave Pottetti and finished first with a time of 8:56.2. Pottetti took second and senior Tim McLoone opened his comeback with third place.