Looking for Something Extra?

Try the Crimson Comp

Even the hardiest CRIMSON editors usually manage to leave the newsroom on Saturday night. But we always try to stay on top of the news, and sometimes the news can't wait for the next regular issue. And so when the Radcliffe Council started talking about merger on Saturday afternoon, a handful of editors started working on an extra on Saturday night. By Sunday morning they were exhausted, but the extra was there to tell you what happened.

It that's your idea of hard-core journalism, you've found a home. Even if it isn't, we may have a place for you. Competitions begin this week for all four CRIMSON boards:

* The NEWS BOARD does the day-to-day writing for the paper, and News Board candidates learn quickly what it takes to write a big story. You'll lose a little sleep if you join the news board comp, but you'll meet famous people and see your stories in print right away.

* The EDITORIAL BOARD moves a little more slowly than the news board, but its product has to be even more tightly reasoned and researched. Our editorials face one of the most critical and best-informed audiences in the country each morning, and when our readers don't like what we say, they tell us. If you have something you'd like to say, come tell us about it. We might be able to show you better ways to put your ideas in writing, and you might give us better ideas.

* It doesn't take any media theorists to tell us the importance of good photographers to a newspaper, and our PHOTO BOARD provides the people we need to cover the news. You may not know a Leica from a light-meter when you start the Photo Board comp, but by the time we're ready to elect you, you'll know how to take good pictures.

* The Crimson's budget runs into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the BUSINESS BOARD controls it all. If you'd like to run your own private enterprise now--without waiting to get out in the real world--come and hear the chances for free-wheeling capitalist adventure our Business Board offers.