Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Five Fires Set On Linnaean St.

Five fires were set in the last week in the basement of the building at 41 Linnaean Street where Mrs. Ada Bean was bludgeoned to death on Feb 5.

The fires, all of which occurred the night of Feb. 19, "were deliberately set," said Lt. John R. Ambrogne of the Boston Fire Marshall's office. The building is one half-block from Radcliffe's Comstock Hall.

"I doubt that they were related to the murder, but who knows," Ambrogne said.

Three fires were set at 11:30 p.m. last Wednesday in the incinerator room, and two others broke out in storage rooms at 2 a.m. The building was evacuated both times.

Six Doors Unlocked

Until this week, six doors to the basement of the apartment house were unlocked, and storage rooms are still filled with wood, newspapers, and paper boxes. Staircases leading to the basement and some storage rooms are unit. A resident described the situation as "disgraceful."

Residents of the building met with police after Mrs. Bean's murder. At that time, the police said that the murderer had tried several doors before finally breaking into Mrs. Bean's apartment.

The man who stabbed a Radcliffe sophomore in Jordan J. Monday night has still not been found, Captain Walsh of the Harvard University Police said yesterday.

Both Harvard and Cambridge Police said that they are maintaining their usual patrols around Radcliffe, and have not increased them.