Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Harvard Political Journal Plans Spring Publication

The first issue of the Harvard Political Review, a publication which promises to provide the Harvard community with scholarly articles and commentary on current political issues, will appear early in April.

Andrew S. Effron '70, one of the editors, said that various departments at Harvard were doing significant research in the field of politics and that a medium of communication was needed within the University. The Review, he said, will seek to fill this need through the publication of relevant senior honors theses and articles by both students and Faculty members.

A heavy response from seniors eager to have their research published has provided the editors with a sufficient backlog for publication into next year. Two issues are scheduled for this Spring, with monthly publication planned beginning in the Fall.

Effron said the magazine will welcome articles from all parts of the political spectrum and will not seek to represent any one segment of University thought.

Advertising will finance the publication. All suites in the College and Radcliffe, as well as all departments of the University, will receive it free. Copies will also go on sale to the public. In this way, its editors said, they hope to extend the scope and influence of the Review beyond the bounds of the University.

The Review was organized solely by students and is to be published independently from any existing group on campus. Its organizers hope to establish it as a serious political magazine. The University does not now possess any magazine of this type, Effron said.