Harvard Fencers Duel in ECAC's

The Harvard fencing team will compete in the ECAC Championships this weekend at N.Y.U., with Ron Winfield and Larry Cetrulo likely to be among the winners for the Crimson.

Awards are given to individual winners as well as to the top team. Three team championships will be presented, one for each weapon--foil, sabre, and epee. Harvard will have to beat the best 13 teams in the East to win the title.

The competitions in the epee and foil will be held today. Tom Keller, Sam Fouts, and Cliff Ruderman will represent Harvard in foil, while Geza Tatrallyay, John Reitz, and Mark Irvings will fence in the epee competition.

Saturday Sabres

On Saturday, Cetrulo, captain Winfield, and Tony Abbot will compete in the sabre. The sabre squad has been Harvard's strong point throughout the season and has the best chance of winning a team championship.

Last year, Harvard place only one man in the finals. This year, however, Cetrulo, Winfield, and Tatrallyay all have very good chances of taking individual awards as well as leading the team to a high finish.

The Crimson has done well in the Ivy League this winter, losing only to Columbia and Penn. Harvard handed Princeton its only loss of the season, dropping the Tigers into a tie for first with Penn. Harvard and Columbia tied for second place, the Crimson's highest finish ever.