Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Fencing Squad Takes Eight Spot In Intercollegiate Finals at N.Y.U.

After a successful regular season, the Harvard fencing team wound up in a disappointing eighth place in the three-weapon Intercollegiate Fencing Championships this weekend at New York University.

Ivy League champion Princeton walked away with the team title, it first in the 46-year history of the event. Navy, whose victory hopes were crushed by a last-minute sabre loss to Army, has to settle for a second-place tie with N.Y.U. Penn, Columbia, City College of New York, and Cornell also finished ahead of the Crimson.

Sabre Seventh

Coach Edo Marion's sabre team, expected to provide Harvard's greatest strength in the championships, managed only a seventh-place tie with Army. Captain Ron Winfield made a strong bid to capture a qualifying spot for the individual championships, but lost in a play-off to swordsmen from N.Y.U. and Princeton. His third-place tie in his pool, though, was the best Harvard performance of the weekend.

Pleasant Surprise

In a pleasant surprise, the Crimson foil team grabbed seventh place, only one point behind City College of New York. Tom Keller's fourth-place and Samuel Founts' seventh-place ties provided most of the team's punch as they atoned for poor performances throughout the regular season.