Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

SFAC RESOLUTION

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I wish to correct an erroneous impression that may be drawn from your article on the Student-Faculty Advisory Council meeting of March 18.

At five minutes before the close of the meeting, Roger Thomas introduced a resolution deploring the current disruptions of classes. I am, of course, in agreement with the essential sentiment of that resolution. I believe, however, that what is called for in the present circumstances is a long and thoughtful discussion of the problems raised by what has been going on here and elsewhere. Moreover, I suggested that the experience of many faculty who signed the academic freedom statement after the Hunt Hall incident indicated that any statement made should be one that would not easily be appropriated for purposes other than those for which it was intended. Unhappily, virtually everything is now contextual, and that obliges people to be very precise in what they mean and in what they don't mean.

My reference to President Pusey and the barricades was an allusion to his own use of that metaphor. Martin H. Peretz   Assistant professor of Social Studies