Lindsay Students Seek Votes Here

The students for Lindsay movement is launching a voter-registration drive for New York City residents studying in Boston.

Donald Evans, co-chairman of Students for Lindsay, told Lindsay workers here yesterday that Mayor John V. Lindsay will depend on support from young liberals in the Republican mayoral primary on June 17. In this primary, Lindsay will face two conservative opponents, in contrast with the 1965 primary in which he was unopposed.

"Lindsay has questionable support among the conservative Republicans who make up most of the City's 600,000 registered Republicans," Marc J. Glass '67, who will help with the drive, said yesterday. He added, "There are between 50,000 and 100,000 young voters not registered, and perhaps 10 per cent of these are studying in Boston."

Are You 21?

Any New York City resident who is now 21 can register as a Republican until May 71, and be eligible to vote in the primary.

Glass said that the Lindsay volunteer headquarters, which opens on April 1, at 38th St. and Madison Ave., will provide lodging for students travelling to New York to work for Lindsay during vacation and on weekends.