Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

BRASS WOULD BACK BRUNER

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON

Apropos of Professor Bruner's remarks before today's Faculty meeting that ROTC could conceivably be reorganized on a city-wide or regional basis on U.S. military property, I find it hard to imagine why such an arrangement would not be ultimately ideal from the Military's point of view. An ROTC organized like the Army Active Reserve or National Guard, with weekly meetings and occasional weekend camps, would remove military training from the disruptions and criticism it can continue to expect so long as it remains, in any form, connected with the universities. At the same time it would be much more economical for the government to run (no rental of buildings, the staffs of several expensive and relatively unproductive university units could be combined, etc.). By paying students both for attending these meetings--as the Army now pays reservists--and for taking acceptable non-military courses in their home universities, ROTC could continue to support students who wished to participate.

Furthermore, I would imagine that even the most dissident members of our community would be happy to see our deans and administration point out these advantages to the Pentagon and even to help ROTC reconstitute itself, say, at the Boston Army Base. John Kroll   Junior Fellow