Med School

Dr. Robert H. Ebert, dean of the Medical School, said yesterday that the School is prepared to build low-cost housing for the relocation of residents in the Harvard-owned property which is to be used for the construction of the Affiliated Hospitals Center.

Ebert added that he is also considering offering a low-cost medical-care program to all residents of the area through the new Hospital Center.

Ebert said he will work towards these ends with a committee of students, faculty, and community members which will be appointed soon.

Harvard-owned Land

The land to be used for the housing will be Harvard-owned in a currently unoccupied and undeveloped area in Mission Hill.

Ebert said fund-raising for the housing will begin after the formulation of a program by the planning committee.

He announced on April 10 that he would appoint a committee composed of students, faculty, and administration to explore the problems raised by the future construction of the Affiliated Hospitals Center. This has been a point of controversy in the eight SDS demands. The committee is presently being formed.

Three Hospitals

The Center will consist of three independent hospitals now affiliated with the Harvard Medical School: the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, the Robert B. Brigham Hospital, and the Boston Hospital for Women.

The housing in the Mission Hill area would be open to other members of the community, to students, and to employees of the area medical institutions.