Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Divinity School

About 200 Divinity School students, faculty, and staff voted yesterday to end the strike it began last Thursday, but passed a proposal urging that all ROTC contracts be terminated until the end of the Vietnam war.

The group, constituted last Thursday as the Harvard Divinity School Community, voted not to strike as a unit, but urged individuals wanting to join the strike to do so.

Steve H. Hornberger, student body president, said the Community decided that "the strike was not the right way for the Divinity School to use the institutional pressure available to it."

Besides the ROTC proposal, the group passed a demand for the restructuring of the Corporation through the inclusion of student representatives on the Board of Overseers and the Fellows.

The body also passed demands concerning expansion roughly paralleling those drawn up by Design School students.

Hornberger said only 50 per cent of the students and 20 per cent of the faculty supported the strike's extension Classes will recommence today.