Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Law School

By David N.hollander

The Law School study-in ended early yesterday morning. Students and Faculty agreed the demonstration had produced valuable dialogue.

From 11:45 p.m. Wednesday until 1:45 a.m. yesterday, about 12 Faculty members adressed the 300 students and answered their questions. Albert M. Sacks, assistant dean of the Law School and member of the Committee on Grades, said the dialogue "was a very fine experience."

Eric E. Van Loon, a first-year student who moderated the discussion, said students and faculty "gained a much greater appreciation of the other point of view and of other people. It was a good example for people throughout the United States to look to--the faculty and administrators came down and talked to us." Robert D. O'Connell, a first-year student and a leader of the student drive for participation in faculty meetings, said some students had been unwilling to discuss the SDS demands at the meeting because "we have put our own house in order before we start telling other people what to do."