Crimson Golfers to Face Cornell at Concord Today

Fresh from a Greater Boston Intercollegiate Golf Tourney win, the golf team resumes its match schedule this afternoon against Cornell, putting a six match winning streak on the line.

The match will be held on the Concord Country Club course, the scene of the Greater Bostons last Tuesday. This should give the Crimson golfers an advantage since the course is difficult to master quickly.

Last year, the golfers went into the Cornell match at Ithica with the same winning record. The Cornell squad had an undefeated record, but Harvard solved their course and walked over the Big Red, 5-2.

Jack Purdy, who led last year's Harvard attack against Cornell with a 3 and 2 victory, will be leading the attack again this year from the number one position. Captain Bruce LoPucki, who usually plays that position, said that he wanted to give other members of the team a chance to play number one. "Besides, Purdy is really hot now," LoPucki said.

Purdy should do well on the Concord course. He shot a 77 and 78 over it Tuesday--the lowest Harvard score.

LoPucki will move down and play in the number six position, pushing other team members up one slot. Yank Heisler will remain in the number two position and Tommy Wynne will stay at number seven.