Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

LONDON WAY

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Since arriving in the United States last July, I have been consistently appalled at the number of Americans who regard the London Times an authoritative and well-informed newspaper. Those at Harvard who have held this belief might look at the editorial of April 17, biliously entitled "Not the Harvard Way," and note the following passage.

"Since the pattern of student demonstrations began to emerge in 1964, professors and deans have anxiously consulted among themselves on what is wrong.... They have tried to meet student demands, for example, by enrolling black students by the coachload, even when they lacked qualifications and interest -- except to establish black power."

I add two observations: the rapid calculation that the increase in black enrollment between 1964 and the present academic year could be comfortably accommodated in one standard English coach; and the suspicion that writers well-informed on the situation at American universities who contribute to the Times could be comfortably accommodated in one standard English mini-cab. Ian Martin GSAS