REPLIES TO ALLEGATIONS

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

During the past few weeks a number of false allegations have been made concerning my supposed participation in a "Glazier/Raines" conspiracy to "sell out" the strike.

First, I have been charged with participating in secret "strategy discussions" with unnamed Deans before and after the bust. This accusation simply is not true. I have neither been invited to nor attended any meeting, much less "strategy session," with the Deans. There was an informal meeting of some students and some member of the Corporation on Sunday, April 13, to which I was invited as a spokesman for the Mem Church Group. But as was publicly announced at the time, the Mem Church Group decided not to send a representative to the meeting since Afro and SDS decided not to attend.

Second, I was quoted in a recent leaflet as saying that I wanted to "grab us a piece of student power." I never made any such statement. I have not been involved in student government since February and will be graduating in a few weeks. The suggestion that I have a personal interest in "grabbing" any "student power" is patently absurd. Furthermore, I hope that the next time someone manufactures a quote and falsely attributes it to me he will at least have the courtesy to use proper syntax.

Third, it was alleged in the Old Mole and elsewhere, the the leadership of the Mem Church Group was "finished off" by the exposes of our "complicity" with the Deans. In fact the Mem Church Group dissolved itself for the simple reason that our mandate ended once the first Stadium meeting was underway. We realized that new groups would be presenting new proposals, and we wanted to avoid undercutting their efforts.

Finally, the leadership of the Mem Church Group has been charged with being "vocally anti-SDS." At no time did I or any other leader of the Mem Church Group make any public statement critical of SDS or its leadership. It is unfortunate that other striking student groups did not choose to exercise similar restraint. Kenneth Glazier '69