Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Food at Thursday's Senior Dinner Poisons Diners Again This Year

For the second year in a row, seniors attending the Class Dinner at Palmer Dixon tennis courts were stricken by food poisoning.

Approximately 500 member of the Class of '69 attended the dinner on Thursday evening, and early Friday morning many of them began to feel sick. The University Health Services stated that they had a number of men come in on Friday complaining of upset stomachs and diarrhea, but no exact figures were available.

An informal poll taken among some 40 seniors on Sunday revealed that almost 30 had been sick to a noticeable degree, and all of those sick were certain it was due to the dinner.

A similar poll taken among the Masters and dean who had attended the dinner and were available for comment Sunday evening showed no casualties. Deans Watson and Glimp and Masters Dunn and Heimert enjoyed fine health over the weekend.

The agency that served the meal was Seiler's Caterers, Inc., of Roxbury, the same catering service that handled the previous year's dinner. A similar incident also occurred three years ago at the 25th Reunion Dinner, again served at the Palmer Dixon courts. Although it could not be confirmed, several sources thought it was probable that Seiler's had also catered that event. As of Sunday evening, Seiler's could not be reached for comment.