NO "TRIAL"

By Thomas L. Saltonstall

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I write concerning what I consider to be misrepresentation of fact in a story published in Tuesday's CRIMSON ("Two Students Go Free in HSA Linen Trials").

First, no trials were ever held. At a hearing of probable cause on Monday, the presiding judge (not Haven Parker) denied requests for complaints submitted by Sgt. Michael Grossi of the Cambridge Police against myself and another student. No complaints were ever signed or issued.

Second, I was never "freed" because I was neither held nor officially accused of any misconduct. I might add that numerous witnesses of the events in Dunster courtyard were prepared to testify in my behalf had it been necessary.

Third, statements attributed to Mr. Robert Lockwood in the article appear more as fact than as presumption and allegation on his part. I was not a "mover" of any kind in the shoving, nor was I "responsible" for it.

Finally, we perhaps ought to consider whether making scab deliveries during the just strike of members of the Teamsters Union goes "beyond the acceptable code of conduct."