Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Petition Asks No Expulsions, No Suspensions

More than 1000 students have signed a petition declaring "that no one should be severed or suspended from Harvard due to their actions at University Hall," the organizer of the petition estimated yesterday.

Robert A. Hicks '71 described the petition as a "challenge to the Committee of 15 to think up a more imaginative punishment than exclusion from the University."

The petition was available Monday and Tuesday, at lunch in Lehman Hall and some Houses and at dinner in every House and Radcliffe dorm. It will be available today for the last time.

Hicks said he hopes a delegation of students will present the signed petitions to the Committee of 15 at its Thursday meeting.

The petition reads in part: "Although many of us question the use of disruptive tactics, we believe that those students who participated in the occupation of University Hall acted from strong moral and political convictions about the nature of the university community and American society."