Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Petition Asks No Expulsions, No Suspensions

More than 1000 students have signed a petition declaring "that no one should be severed or suspended from Harvard due to their actions at University Hall," the organizer of the petition estimated yesterday.

Robert A. Hicks '71 described the petition as a "challenge to the Committee of 15 to think up a more imaginative punishment than exclusion from the University."

The petition was available Monday and Tuesday, at lunch in Lehman Hall and some Houses and at dinner in every House and Radcliffe dorm. It will be available today for the last time.

Hicks said he hopes a delegation of students will present the signed petitions to the Committee of 15 at its Thursday meeting.

The petition reads in part: "Although many of us question the use of disruptive tactics, we believe that those students who participated in the occupation of University Hall acted from strong moral and political convictions about the nature of the university community and American society."