Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Citizens Disavow SDS Housing Aid

The East Cambridge Planning Team, a neighborhood organization formed to aid the development of the community, approved a statement on April 21 disassociating itself from Harvard SDS and stating that "we are not in sympathy with their cause."

The statement, issued in the from of a memorandum addressed "to all our neighbors," was passed by a vote of 81 to 1. The memorandum went on to say that "we resent the abuse that has been directed to the Cambridge and neighboring police departments." The organization also criticized "faculty that is sympathetic to SDS."

The full text of the East Cambridge Planning Team statement appears on Page Six.

"To be a good neighbor, one must love, understand and show compassion for his fellow neighbors," the statement said. SDS, it added, has not shown those qualities. The Planning Team said it welcomed the help of all community organizations including "the Harvard Corporation, the city a better place for all to live in.