Professor Gets Defense Post

President Nixon has chosen a Business School Professor to be the new Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations and Logistics. He will be in charge of Army bases and installations all over the world.

Nixon announced last Friday that he would nominate J. Ronald Fox, associate professor of Business Administration, for the Army position. Fox's nomination now goes to the Senate for confirmation.

Fox has worked for the Defense Department before, serving as Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Management Systems before he joined the Business School Faculty. He won an Exceptional Civilian Service Award for his Air Force Work.

In 1962, Fox directed a project that designed the "PERT COST" management system for the Defense Department. The project was originally intended for use on the Polaris program, but since then the "PERT COST" system has become the pentagon's standard management tool.

At the Business School, Fox's specialties have been government-business relations and the management of research-and-development programs.

The White House press office said on Friday that Fox has also been working as a consultant to the Secretary of Defense and to several defense contractors. Neither the Business School nor the Pentagon would disclose which contractors Fox has been advising or what work he has done for the Secretary of Defense.