WHO'S MISSING?

The Mail

To the Editors of The CRIMSON:

If the Harvard library system has a problem, it's the kind of problem most libraries would love to have. A population explosion is underway in the dusty corners of Widener and Lamont. There are nearly eight million books in the University's libraries, and they cover nearly every bizarre topic that authors have dreamed up to write about.

The Akkadian department has its own special library, and Celtic fans have a room where they can look over all the classics of Celtic literature. In the mammoth Widener library, there are special departments on the Crusades and on Dante, as well as a Theodore Roosevelt collection that is as big as many municipal libraries in small cities.

In this world of literary abundance, it is surprising to think that any man who has ever written anything would be left out. It is more than surprising to hear that a scholar who has studied natural science at the University of Edinburgh; history, law, and medicine in Moscow; biology in Berlin; and psychoanalysis in Vienna would have his many works excluded.

Why is it that none of Immanuel Velikovsky's number of books are curiously absent from Harvard's collection? Could it be because Velikovsky launches a plausible attack against some of the scientists most cherished Darwinist theories? J. Cooper   Dorchester