‘A Big Win’: Harvard Expands Kosher Options in Undergraduate Dining Halls

Top Republicans Ask Harvard to Detail Plans for Handling Campus Protests in New Semester

Harvard’s Graduate Union Installs Third New President in Less Than 1 Year

Harvard Settles With Applied Physics Professor Who Sued Over Tenure Denial

Longtime Harvard Social Studies Director Anya Bassett Remembered As ‘Greatest Mentor’

Freshmen Maul St. Anselm's, 112-75, Take 10-2 Mark to Andover Tomorrow

By Jeff Magalif

Harvard's powerful freshman basketball machine crushed the St. Anselm's Freshmen., 112-75, last Saturday night at the IAB.

The easy victory brought the Crimson's record to 10-2. The team will play at Andover at 2:45 p.m. Wednesday.

Five players scored in double figures for Harvard. Floyd Lewis led the way with 16 points. followed by Marshall Sanders and Roa Foster with 15 each, and James Brown and Dave O'Leary with 13 apiece.

Fred Lang and Dick Kelly each contributed nine points to the Crimson cause, and Hal Smith and Tom Blackenstone added six apiece.

The totals represented new seasonal highs for Foster. O'Leary, Lang, Kelly and Blackstone.

Nary a Question

The outcome of the game was never in question. The Crimson, tailer and faster than their opponents, streaked to a 12-2 lead after three minutes of play and stayed comfortably ahead.

In contrast with Harvard's balanced performance, three players accounted for 57 of St. Anselm's 75 points. Vince Colopietro starred with 22 points but had to accept his coach's consolation when he returned to the bench shortly before half-time: "There's nothing you can do."

Six of St. Anselm's points came on goal-tending calls-two on Lewis and one on Brown.