Yardling Icemen Trounce Bulldogs

The freshman hockey team compiled a 19-1 season with a 12-1 trouncing of an cutclassed Yale squad on Saturday at Watson Rink.

This was the 17th consecutive victory for the Crimson. Averaging 7.7 goals per game, the team reached its highest scoring output of the year against Yale.

Hat tricks by wings Dave Hynes and Harry Reynolds and a four-point performance by Steve Harris led the Yardlings' offense which pressured the two Eligoalies with 55 shots.

Pressure

Stiff checking by the Crimson defensemen, led by Doug Elliott, allowed the Blue only 18 shots on goal and kept the puck in the Bulldog's zone for most of the game.

Hynes's second goal of the game, at 8:47 of the first period on a pass from Harris, gave Harvard a 4-0 lead, taking the demoralized Elis out of the game. Goals by Bob McManama and Sandy Wall gave the Yardlings a 6-0 between-period lead. In the first five minutes of the game, Jay Riley. Hynes and Reynolds had given the Yardiings a quick 3-0 lead.

In the second period Yale scored on a 4 on 3 power play, but the Crimson retaliated with a power play goal by Elliott.

The third period saw two goals by Reynolds and single tallies by Dill Corkery, Phil Shea, and Hynes.