Policemen Enter Free U.

By G. GARRETT Epps

Police entered Lawrence Hall- the Free University- early yesterday morning to look for a drug dealer, according to "street people" living there.

The Cambridge Police Department refused to comment on the incident last night, although it said that no arrests had been made.

University police last night denied that the incident took place, saying that Cambridge police always consult with the University police before entering Harvard buildings.

Members of the Lawrence Hall commune- a group of more than 20 Cambridge "street people"-said that police entered the building at about 3:30 a.m. seeking one youth who allegedly sold LSD to a visitor. Police searched the youth, but found no drugs and left, they said.

The Free University began three weeks ago, when a group of students took over the abandoned building, which is slated to be torn down next year.

The Lawrence Hall commune moved into a second-floor room two weeks ago. Membership in the group has fluctuated, reaching a high of 31. Others- not members of the commune-"crash."

Members of the commune support themselves by panhandling to buy food.

Several are reported to be suffering from hepatitis and pneumonia. "We sure could use some doctors around here," one said.