The Folk's on You, Buddy Chambers Brothers Will Replace Dead In Stadium Concert

The Grateful Dead have cancelled their concert in the Stadium, which was scheduled for Monday-but Summerthing has scheduled the Chambers Brothers instead.

The Dead told Summerthing Wednesday that they would not keep the date, which has been set since the Spring. John Scharer, a booking agent working with the Schaefer Summer Festival, said the rock group provided no explanation for the cancellation.

The cancellation marked the second time in a week that a group has backed out of a Summerthing date at the last minute. The Four Seasons, who were to perform last Monday, wired Summerthing officials shortly before the concert that they preferred to use that day in a New York recording studio.

Scharer said yesterday that the two cancellations were "completely unrelated." Both were originated by the groups without Summerthing's knowledge, he added.

Scharer said that the Chambers Brothers booking was "absolutely definite." He also added that like and Tina Turner would definitely meet their concert date next Wednesday, despite rports earlier that they would cancel out.

Also on Monday's program is John Hammond.

Bovver

The Summerthing concerts have been marred by incidents of fighting and petty theft during and after the performances. Several fights broke out during the Ray Charles concert June 24, and aftenward in the Square a small group of youths snatched pocketbooks and wallets until the arrival of two Cambridge Police cars.

Despite statements by some Boston police that police officers-who have so far remained outside of the Staduim-would be stationed inside during the concerts, no move has been made to introduce policemen.