Crimson Booters Unhappy None Named All-American

Crimson forwards Solomon Gomez and Charlie Thomas have been selected to the honorable mention list of the National Soceer Coaches Association's All-American team. Gomez received his second consecutive honorable mention selection.

Harvard coach Bruce Munro was very disappointed in the Crimson's showing on the All-American team. "I can't for the life of me understand why Chris Wilmot wasn't picked." he said. "He certainly deserved it, and Charlie and Sol should have made the first two teams."

Only one team, Akron University. had three players mentioned on the All American list. The Zips placed one starter on the first team and had two honorable mentions.

Eleven Schools

The first team of All-Americans has representatives from eleven different schools this year. Stan Startzell, first team forward from Penn, was the only Ivy player to be selected to the first two teams. Chip Young, a Brown fullback, and Columbia halfback Len Renery joined Thomas and Gomez on the honorable mention list.

Gomez is the second leading scorer in Harvard history with 31 goals and was a unanimous selection as an All-Ivy forward the past two seasons. He won the Ivy scoring championship as a junior and finished one point from the title this fall.

Thomas won the Ivy scoring championship this season with eight goals in seven games and is also second on the Harvard scoring list with 31 goals in just two years. Thomas will captain next season's Crimson squad.

Wilmot Overlooked

Wilmot had an outstanding season this past fall and was a unanimous All-Ivy selection. He far outpolled Brown's Young in the Ivy balloting and his absence on the All-American squad is certainly an oversight of the selection committee.

The All-American team will be made public by the Association's chairman. Alden H. Burnham, associate director of athletics at Dartmouth, at a banquet on Saturday.

Burnham said yesterday he plans to give special recognition to Buffalo State's first team All-American, Randy Smith. Smith has now been named an All-American in three varsity sports: soccer, basketball, and baseball.