China's Reaction Hinted in Paris

North Vietnam charged Thursday at the Paris peace talks that the United States intends to invade North Vietnam and raised the possibility of Chinese retaliation to the recent invasion of Laos.

"The People's Republic of China will not stand by idly while its neighbors are attacked by the United States." Nguyen Thanh Le, a member of the North Vietnamese delegation, said.

Menace

Earlier, Xuan Thuy, head of the delegation, said that the "present large-scale operation" by the United States in Laos, the concentration of U. S. troops at the 17th Parallel, and the increasing number of warships off North Vietnam "constitute a menace" to North Vietnam and China.

In answer to a newsman's questions. Le said China may respond to the invasion because Laos and North Vietnam share a frontier, the two countries have Communist regimes, and China signed the 1362 Geneva agreements on Laos.

Responding to President Nixon's statement at a Thursday press conference that he would not rule cut an invasion of North Vietnam, Nguyen Thi Binh, head of the Provisional Revolutionary Government of South, Vietnam delegation, said. "All this proves that the United States is feverishly preparing a new ?? adventure against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam."

"Mr. Nixon claims he has the right to attack any country, to bomb and machine-gun any place and m?? anyone. At the same time he denies peoples their rights to legitimate defense and existence," she said.

In southern Laos on Thursday. North Vietnamese anti-aircraft fire brought down five more U. S. helicopters according to U. S. military spokesmen. South Vietnamese ground forces reported cutting three major transportation routes but met stiffening resistance in their drive against the Ho Chi Minh Trail supply network.

Sharp fighting was also reported in Cambodia, where South Vietnamese forces are making a parallel thrust against reported supply lines and sanctuaries.