No Headline

To the Editors of The Harvard CRIMSON:

We the undersigned members of the Class of 1945 at Harvard University marking our 25th reunion this year wish to go on record in expressing our disapproval of President Pusey's Baccalaureate Sermon yesterday. To have devoted so much time to attack a minority of violently radical students, none of whom was present, seems to us not only inappropriate but an insult to the majority of the graduating class of Harvard who are opposed as he to the methods of the revolutionary left but even more opposed to the senseless violence of the war in Indo-China, a subject he mentioned not at all.

The revolutionary left do not present such an immediate threat to the lives and consciences of Harvard's graduating class as the policy of the present United States Government towards Indo-China and if, as President Pusey stated, he believes that the graduating class, as Harvard men, are called to serve a world of "reason, modesty, charity and trust." he might have shown some articulate understanding of the world these young men will be forced to serve by law when they graduate if they are drafted. It has little to do with reason, modesty, charity or trust and is considerably more destructive to all that is humane than the pathetic tantrums of the despairing young people of the revolutionary left.

John H. Snow Irvin M. Horowitz

Myron K. Nobil, M.D John J. Dorgan

Joseph L. Eldredge Brendon J. Reilly

Georges Brigham George M. Sokol

Armand Schwab, Jr. Jules S. Golden

Herbert S. Kassman Waldo B. Lyon