Thieu, YAF Will Negotiate Treaty of 'Peace, Justice'

Eight student members of Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) are going to South Vietnam Friday to negotiate a "Peace and Justice Treaty" with President Nguyen Van Thieu.

The ten-day trip-led by YAF national chairman Ron Docksai-will swing through South Vietnamese-occupied territories in Cambodia and include visits with Thieu and Vice-President Nguyen Kao Ky. No Harvard students are members of the delegation.

According to Daniel Rea. Jr. head of Massachusetts YAF, the treaty "will reinforce the situation we hope to develop in Vietnam-that is a democracy in which the people of South Vietnam would have an opportunity to choose what type of government they desire without coercion by Communists or anyone else."

Rea termed the peace treaty recently negotiated between the National Student Association (NSA) and the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) of South Vietnam a "sham." and said that the YAF-Thieu treaty would circulate on campuses and in communities in the hopes of counter acting it.

YAF Teach-In

The NSA-PRG treaty pledges immediate withdrawal of U. S. forces in Vietnam, immediate negotiations for the release of U. S. prisoners of war, and democratic elections held by a provisional coalition government to determine South Vietnam's political future.

Harvard YAF president Laszlo Pastor '73 yesterday announced plans for a YAF-backed teach-in on Indochina, to be held March 22 in Sanders Theater.

Among the guests invited to the teach-in, he said, would be Dolf Drodge, a Nixon Vietnam advisor; a government official and a student from Cambodia; Milton Saxe, a professor of Government at Brandeis; and Senator Henry S. Jackson (D-Wash.).