Brown Nine Blown Away; Eli Doubleheader Today

The Harvard and Brown baseball teams bowed to the wind and the elements yesterday and cancelled their scheduled game at Soldiers' Field.

Today's doubleheader with Yale is still set to begin at 1 p.m. depending on the condition of the field. The Brown game will be held on Sunday or Monday contingent on the successful completion of the Yale twin-bill.

"According to Eastern League rules, a doubleheader not played on Saturday must be played on that Sunday," coach Loyal Park said. "If the Yale games are cancelled then we'll try to play it on Sunday and move the Brown game back another day."

If the weather precludes any action this weekend and the games are pushed back to the beginning of the week, the Crimson could be in for trouble. Already scheduled is a Wednesday game with M.I.T. and Harvard takes to the road for a Friday League meeting with Cornell and a Saturday clash with Army at West Point. Six games in as many days will pose a real test for the Crimson mound staff.

The rainout today was not a total loss for the team as practice was held indoors. The session lasted for more than an hour as fundamentals such as base-running, infield work, and cutoffs from the outfield were stressed. The squad also took an hour of batting practice.

The Brown baseball team left immediately upon hearing of the postponement. "They've got real troubles." Park said. "They're scheduled to play Dartmouth Saturday and they've got two inches of snow in Hanover."