CRR Members Defend Policies To Commission

The Committee on Rights and Responsibilities (CRR) yesterday afternoon defended its read missions procedures in a closed meeting with the Commission of Inquiry, according to two Commission members.

The Commission called the meeting to investigate complaints filed against the CRR by Sanford Kreisberg, a fourth-year graduate student in English. Kreisberg claimed that the CRR's criterion for readmission-existence of a "potential danger of further violation" -was "vague and inherently political."

According to Commission members Marshall B. Strauss '72 and Doris H. Kearns, assistant professor of Government, the members of the CRR conceded that Kreisberg's complaints were technically correct, but still maintained that the read missions procedures were the fairest possible under the circumstances.

"The committee also agreed with the charge that the criterion was political, but pointed out in its defense that every resolution passed by every group is necessarily political," Strauss said yesterday.

Donald G. Anderson. McKay Professor of Applied Mathematics and CRR chairman, refused yesterday to discuss the meeting.

The next step in the Commission's investigation would be to interview students who applied for readmission last Fall. Roger Rosenblatt, assistant professor of English and Commission chairman, said last night.