Disrupters May Face Charges Before CRR

By Patti B. Saris

Harvard Students for a Just Peace (SJP) will file charges with the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities (CRR) against the disruptions at last Friday's Counter Teach-In "right after Spring vacation," Lazlo Pasztor '73, head of Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) said last night.

"Most of the evidence will be personal evidence from our own people," Pasztor said. "There are no plans right now to call Senior Tutors to be witnesses." The pictures of the Teach-In will not be used as major sources in identifying the disrupters, Pasztor added.

Problems

"We are having problems with procedure like wording the charges and accumulating the evidence," Pasztor said, adding that the charges had to be filed by individuals. So far about ten members of SJP plan to file individual charges with the CRR.

Meanwhile the Detective Bureau of the Cambridge Police Department has not even received the warrants signed by University troubleshooter Archibald Cox '34 against the three persons charged with trespassing at Friday's Teach-In, Detective Sergeant JamesRoscoe said yesterday. As soon as the bureau receives the warrants, the suspects will be described on teletype to other areas, and two Cambridge Police detectives will be put on the case, he added.

The Harvard Law School contributed its condemnation to the Teach-In controversy in a statement released to the press yesterday denouncing the "concerted acts of disruption that occurred at Sanders Theatre."

Freedom to Speak

"To destroy the freedom to speak and hear, in the name of a deeply felt cause is to betray the cause itself and threaten the liberty of each member of the community," the statement read.

The release was signed by 64 members of the Faculty and Administration of the Law School, including President-elect Derek C. Bok, and Paul Freund, Loeb University Professor.