Among Nominees In Class Marshall Elections

Yesterday marked the voting deadline in the election for First Class Marshall of the Twenty-fifth Reunion Class of '47. The list of nominees--all from the Class of '47--included Richard G. Kleindienst, deputy Attorney General, and Clifton R. Wharton Jr., President of Michigan State University.

Traditionally, the First Class Marshall of the Twenty-fifth Reunion Class presides over the Commencement ceremonies.

Others

Other nominees for the position were Dr. Warren R. Guild, John H. Knowles, John W. Middendorf II, Thomas L.P. O'Donnell, and Roswell B. Perkins.

The nominations were made by a committee of twelve selected from the Class of '47.

The selection process was simple because "there was almost instantaneous agreement as to the candidates to be presented to the class," Sidney F. Greeley Jr. '47, chairman of the nominating committee, said yesterday.

When asked if political considerations had anything to do with the nominations, Greeley said. "I don't think so at all."

The balloting was conducted according to the Australian system in which the voter ranks all the candidates in order of preference.

Results of the voting were still being tabulated yesterday, and will be released later at the discretion of Howard F. Gillette '35, General Secretary of the Alumni.