Mermen Forsee Win Over Brown

The Harvard swimmers, coming off a tough loss to Dartmouth last weekend, should be able to relax and enjoy themselves tonight when they face a visiting Brown squad so weak that it will be scoring something of an upset if it takes more than a single first.

Coach Don Gambril is so unconcerned about the meet that he is scheduling an afternoon workout for the team, even though the first event is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Last year, the swimmers completely demolished the Bruins in Providence, 76-27, and all the evidence points to another rout of such dimensions.

What conceivably may save the Bruins from a total smear is that fact the several Crimson swimmers are not going to compete because of sickness, and several others will be swimming in new events. "If they are going to be sick, now's the time," said Gambril, "not during exams or February."

"We will be trying to find somebody to plug holes in a tougher meet," said Gambril, commenting on the fact that he will be doing a bit of experimenting with people swimming "off" events. Fred Mitchell, who has been swimming the 500 and the 200 yd, free, will drop down and swim the 100 yd. free., and Dave Brumwell, who has been swimming the 200 I.M. and the breast, will move up and swim the 1000 yd. free.

With Penn and Yale seemingly unbeatable, Gambril is pointing towards Princeton next month, and the Brown meet, unimportant in itself, may provide Gambril with a new strategy to beat the Tigers.