"HURRAY FOR THE SCHOOL NEWSPAPER"

The Mail

To the Editors of the Crimson:

A thought passes, a pen writes. I've been at Harvard for three of the last four years and one of the things I have liked best has been the people who come to Cambridge to live and learn and talk and just generally be around. Some would call these people troublemakers. I call them brothers and sisters, but in any event the number of these good people has dropped drastically in the time I've been here. Let's ask why and try to do something. Faculty who are more interested in being available to us and hanging out in places like Lehman Hall than in conferences and research bullshit (not research mind you, but research bullshit) might be a suggestion but I hesitate to try to cite general examples of our reasons for the ghost town thing that's happening. Let's stop sending people out demanding them to produce something.

Hurray for Harvey Cox's new book The Feast of Fools and hurray for the Grateful Dead.

As far as I know this letter is not in response to any Crimson article!! However, during this week when we are all studying so hard that it hurts I thought you might be somewhat desperate for material. Hurray for the school newspaper. We've got a good one and it's called the Crimson. Preston Grandin