Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

Radcliffe Institute Plans a Set Of Women's Career Seminars

In response to interest expressed by Radcliffe students about women and the job market, the Radcliffe Institute is running a series of three seminars this fall entitled "Expanding Career Options for Women."

The seminars will deal with women in business administration, law, public policy, and management.

Hilda Kahne, an assistant dean of the Radcliffe Institute and organizer of the series, yesterday cited the figure of Radcliffe graduates going on to further education to be between 40 and 45 per cent of the graduating class. She said, "This impressively high figure reflects for many their serious career interests."

Kahne, a labor economist, described this increase of highly educated women into the labor market in terms of supply and demand. "The proportion of women among all educated people is rising."

Kahne said that the purpose of these seminars is "to introduce students to new career options. They will deal with the content of alternate career directions and the ways is which one needs to prepare oneself."

She said that the goal of these seminars is to create "a bridge between academic training and a career in ways that it can be useful and enjoyable."

Discussions considering careers in college administration and counseling and the social and physical sciences are among the Institute's future plans.