Second-Place Big Red to Host Ivy-Leading Dartmouth Today

With only two slated Saturdays remaining, the Ivy League faces another's weekend of paired-off infighting an first-place Dartmouth, high on the hog after last week's 30 point victory over Columbia, digs in against second-place Cornell today in Ithaca.

The Big Gross (3-1-1), behind QB Steve Stetson and a potent running attack, seeds only to tie to stay on top in the race.

Stetson passed for 186 yards against the Lions, and the ground game churned out four countdowns.

However, if Cornell (5-2-0), high off a 48-28 trouncing of lowly Brown (1-4-0), upsets the Big Green, the Big Red will be on top.

Second-place Penn (3-2-0), reeling off upsets over Harvard and Yale and hell-best to burn Dartmouth on Quaker soil next week, faces seventh-place Columbia (1-3-1) in Philly today.

It will be 5 ft. 9 in. Adolph Bellsears of-Penn Versus 230 lb. Paul Kalsindes on one hand, and the league-leading arm of Lion QB Don Jackson and hands of receiver Jesse Parks versus the Quaker secondary on the other.

Should Penn win as expected. it would be tied for first or would remain in second place, depending on the outcome of the Dartmouth contest.

Humiliated Yale (3-2-0) hosts Princeton (2-2-1) today. The favored Elis are pulling for a Cornell upset victory, and if the Bulldogs can come through on their own turf, they would be tied for first place.

The potent Yale ground attack, directed by sophomore quarterback Tom Dayle, boastz power in Tyrell Hennings and outside speed in Dick Jauron and Rudy Green. The real test awaits them next week, when the Yale boys venture into Cambridge.

Princeton will counter with its awesome defensive front four, led by Carl Barisich, who defused any Harvard running attack last week.