The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

CSCR Disbands, Members Consider Other Committees

The Committee on Student and Community Relations (CSCR) has recommended to the Faculty Council that in the future CSCR members become representatives to University-wide committees instead of meeting as a separate group.

At a meeting last week, student members of the CSCR decided not to meet again this year, and acknowledged that their committee had never had any specific functions which could be realistically fulfilled.

The members agreed that problems which might concern the committee would be of University-wide importance, and that a small undergraduate group like themselves would probably have little influence in solving those problems.

The CSCR had met in October to discuss its status, and had agreed to dissolve itself in its present form. One remaining function it wanted to complete was choosing two student members to the recently-formed Advisory Committee on Community Affairs.

CSCR members chose Julius E. Kearney '74 and Norman Gorin '74 for the Advisory Committee, which was established on a recommendation by vice-president for Government and Community Affairs, Charles U. Daly, in his "Report to the Community."

In addition to Daly's committee, the CSCR suggested that its members be appointed to advisory committees on stockholding responsibility, admissions, health services, and perhaps to the Phillips Brooks House Committee.

Dean Whitlock, a faculty advisor to the CSCR, said yesterday that setting up the CSCR in the first place was a "mistake." "It was set up during the crises of 1969 without being through clearly," Whitlock said.

A member of the group, Joshua I. Schwartz '73, told The Crimson yesterday that "if a CSCR was a ridiculous idea. We never dealt with the people at the center of Harvard politics."