Strong B.C. Five Squad Tilts Radcliffe Cagers

The 'Cliffe basketball team is still seeking its first win of the season. Monday night they bowed to a strong Boston College quintet, 57-26.

Betsy Minnell was high for the losers with eight points, followed by Captain Kathy Allyn's seven. Dardy Robinson, just recovering from the flu, played an outstanding defensive game by hauling in six rebounds and stealing four, while going five-for-eight at the foul strip.

The 'Cliffies invade Mt. Holyoke on February 25, and play their first home game against Emmanuel College at the IAB on Saturday morning, February 26.

Coach Hewes, talking about the B.C. contest said, "We erred in maintaining a half-court press throughout the first half. As soon as we switched to zone defense, B.C. was stymied, as they couldn't shoot from the outside."

"We held them to two baskets in the entire third period with the zone," she added, "but our offense is still not as it should be, Minnell, Allyn, Elliott and Schoonover are all fine outside shooters and will just have to attempt more baskets."