The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Kissinger Protest Draws 250 People

By Amanda Benntt

As antiwar, anti-Kissinger rally at Forbes Plaza in Holyoke Center yesterday drew a noon-hour crowd of about 250 persons.

At the rally--which was sponsored by the William James Hall Ad Hoc Committee Against the War--a group of Harvard faculty and students circulated petitions demanding that the University publicly denounce the policies of Henry A. Kissinger '50, special adviser to President Nixon, land permanently never all relations with him.

About 75 people marched to University Hall to present the petitions to Dean Dunlop. The group formed a small picket line outside University Hall, and marched for about 20 minutes chanting "Kiss off, Kissinger," while representatives of the Committee presented the petition at Dunlop's office.

"We had arranged to give Dunlop the petition, but when we got there he was out of the office, so we gave it to his secretary." Michael Useem, lecturer in Sociology and a member of the Committee, said yesterday. Dunlop could not be reached for comment.

Members of the group had collected about 300 signatures in the Houses over the weekend, Useem said. They collected about 75 more at the rally yesterday and the Committed is still collecting additional signatures, he added.