Hartman Review Will Not Report Until Fall Term

The chairman of the committee established at the Graduate School of Design to hear the appeal case of Chester W. Hartman '57 said yesterday that the committee will probably not release its report until the Fall.

Donald G. Anderson, professor of Applied Mathematics, said that the committee "may do something over the summer" but that the conflicting summer schedules of its five members will prevent a coordinated effort. "It will be a long, drawn-out process," he said.

Hartman is a former assistant professor of City Planning at the GSD whose contract was terminated in June 1970 by Maurice D. Kilbridge, dean of the GSD. He appealed the contract termination, maintaining that the action was prompted by personal and political considerations and constituted a breach of academic due process.

Hartman last month challenged all five members of the present committee, charging that the committee was invalid because four of its members were also selected earlier to a similar committee.

The original committee was disbanded in February after Hartman successfully charged that two of his rights under the ad hoc procedures that govern the appeal process had been violated in its selection.

Hartman said that he had asked the present committee not to serve as a body. Anderson said that the committee had sent Hartman a letter in response to his challenge, but he declined to reveal the contents of the letter.

Hartman could not be reached for comment last night on the committee's response.