B-School Tops Error-Prone Ruggers

Scores 14-6 Win in Defensive Struggle

In a game marked by repeated errors, the varsity rugby team bowed yesterday to its cross-river rival, the Harvard Business School, 14-6.

Frequent fumbling by both teams stymied their offenses. The B-School dominated play throughout most of the contest but did not take a commanding lead until late in the game on account of its miscues.

The B-School grabbed a 3-0 lead midway through the first half on a field goal by Irish import Ali Hanna. Hanna capitalized on another varsity mistake minutes later and increased the advantage to 6-0.

Steve Niemy converted a field goal for the varsity seconds before intermission to narrow the margin to 6-3. Niemy accounted for all the varsity points by kicking another field goal in the second half.

The B-School tallied the game's only tri, rugby's version of the touchdown, on another varsity error. Chuck Hellmuth fell on a loose ball in the varsity end zone after a Crimson player failed to kick it out of the area to make the score 14-3.

The one bright spot for the Crimson was its rugged defense against an aggressive B-School team, which remained in striking distance of its goal line throughout the game. The defense made a number of stands deep in own territory.