Anthropology Dept. Forms Eight Committees in Response to Harassment and Gender Bias Concerns

Harvard Cancels Summer 2021 Study Abroad Programming

UC Showcases Project Shedding Light on How Harvard Uses Student Data

Four Bank Robberies Strike Cambridge in Three Weeks

After a Rocky Year, Harvard Faces an Uncertain Economic Climate in 2021, Hollister Says

Liberal Is Victor In Minneapolis

Democrat Farm Labor's Albert Hofstede upset two-term independent Mayor Charles Stenvig in Minneapolis's mayoral election. Hofstede faced both a Republican and the independent Stenvig in the biennial contest.

Hofstede had described his campaign by saying, "I've approached this election like a crusade, to maintain our city's tradition of progressiveness."

He said he would provide "socially conscious leadership" as opposed to the law and order tack taken by the incumbent Stenvig.

Observers had felt that Hofstede would be fatally weakened by the presence of moderate Republican Gladys Brooks in the race.

The 32-year-old Hofstede, a tax expert for the Minnesota Jegislature, was endorsed by Senators Humphrey and Mondale and Governor Anderson. He attracted support from both the wealthy and minorities.

Hofstede was aided by general disenchantment with Mayor Stenvig's constant vetoes of City Council legislation, notably a bill providing for a domed stadium downtown.

During his campaign, Hofstede capitalized on Mayor Stenvig's refusal to release the names of donors to his campaign.