Three Harvard Cagers Named To All-Ivy, All-N.E. Teams

Three Harvard cagers were named to secondary teams of the All-Ivy and All-New England basketball squads yesterday.

James Brown and Tony Jenkins won selection to both the All-Ivy and All-New England teams, while Jim Fitzsimmons was given an honorable mention to the New England team.

Brown placed highest of the Harvard players. He gained berths on the second team of the Ivy squad and the third team of the New England squad.

Disappointed

Brown said yesterday that he was pleased with the honors, but was disappointed that he didn't place higher on the teams. Commenting on his selection to the All-New England team, Brown said that "I should have been on the first or second teams, but circumstances weren't conducive to my putting forth my best effort this season."

The six-foot-six senior led Harvard in rebounding with a 10.4 average and was second in scoring last season. He is the second leading rebounder and scorer in Harvard history, missing the first spot in scoring by 19 points.

Jenkins, who placed on the second team of the Ivy squad and won an honorable mention to the New England team, led Harvard in scoring last season with a 16.9 average.

Assists Leader

Fitzsimmons led the team in assists and is the seventh leading scorer in Harvard history.

Phil Hankinson of Pennsylavania and Ted Manakas of Princeton were unanimous choices to the first team of the All-Ivy squad. Rounding out the team, selected by the league's eight coaches, are Bob Evans of Columbia, Ron Haigler of Pennsylvania, and James Brown of Dartmouth.

The All-New England first team, chosen by the Associated Press, consists of Ernie DiGregorio and Marvin Barnes of fourth-ranked Providence, Mike Boylan of Assumption, Gene Doyle of Holy Cross and Steve Rowell of the University of Rhode Island.

Joining Brown and Jenkins on the second team of the All-Ivy Squad are Phil Brown of Brown, and Mike Baskauskas and Tim Kearns of Yale.

The Crimson finished the season in fourth place in the Ivy League with a 7-7 league record and a 14-12 record overall.