A.P. Selects McInally, Holt, Shaw as All-Ivy; McInally, Restic Take New England Awards

By Horace D. Nalle jr.

Post-season honors for the varsity football team continued to roll in yesterday, as the Associated Press sports writers selected end Pat McInally, quarterback Milt Holt and tackle Robert Shaw to their All-Ivy team.

The accolades came on the heels of announcements that McInally had captured two other awards, the outstanding player of New England award from the Boston Gridiron Club, and the senior player of the year award from the New England football writers and coaches.

Restic Honored

The writers and coaches also honored coach Joe Restic, giving him the New England coach of the year award.

The AP All-Ivy team is not as important as the coaches' all-league squad, which will be announced later this week, Dave Matthews, director of Harvard's sports news bureau, said yesterday.

"If there's honor to be given," Holt said last night, "it should go to the offensive line. They allowed me to do the things I wanted to do. They gave me enough time for McInally to get open."

McInally caught 46 passes, picking up 655 aerial yards and eight touchdowns. He shares the New England record for career touchdown receptions, and holds seven of Harvard's nine receiving records.

For both McInally and Shaw it was the second straight year of All-Ivy status. "Unfortunately, post-season awards don't always give a true representation of how people played," Shaw said last night. "Still, it's a great honor."

Yale gridders took 10 of the 22 A.P. All-Ivy positions. Eli running back Rudy Green joins Holt, Jack Wixted of Penn and league-rushing leader Walt Snickenberger of Princeton to fill out the offensive back-field.

Second-year all-league tackle Tom Schalch from Princeton complements Shaw on defense, along with returning Eli defensive back Elvin Charity.

Dartmouth and Brown each contributed two players to the squad, while Penn, Cornell and Columbia each drew one.