Ivy Coaches Select Kittredge To All-League Second Team

The Ivy League lacrosse coaches got together this week to select the All-Ivy squad and all but ignored the 2-6 Harvard team. Of 31 players selected to the three teams, only one Crimson laxman was named.

Charlie Kittredge, the senior co-captain of the Crimson squad, was given a berth on the second-team defense by the coaches, who were not allowed to vote for their own players. Even hapless Dartmouth, which finished below Harvard in the standings with a 1-5 record, had three named to the honorable mention list. Yale, mired in the basement with no wins against six losses, had a man on the second team and two named honorable mentions.

Cornell dominated the first team with five men selected: Jim Trenz and Mike French at attack, Bill Marino at midfield, Dave Devine at defense and Mike Emmerich in the nets. Trenz was voted the first annual "Player of the Year" for leading the league in scoring with 18 goals, 23 assists and taking the Big Red to a 6-0 season and the Ivy crown.

Penn and Brown each had a pair on the first team. Johnny Sheffield and Todd O'Donnell were named for the Quakers, while Dominic Starsia and Bob Mueller were the Bruins representatives. Bill Chaires of Princeton rounds out the first team.

Kittredge made the all-Ivy first team last year along with teammate John Haggerty. Kittredge also nabbed a first team berth in 1971 before taking a year off. The senior captain was invited to play in the North-South All-Star game June 8.