McInally Leads Senior Bowl Receivers

Six Passes, 136 Yards

Pat McInally pulled down six passes for a total of 136 yards to lead all receivers in Saturday's Senior Bowl Classic at Mobile, Ala.

Harvard's All-American tight end helped the North overturn a South lead of 14-3 to gain control of the game at 17-14 before the South tied the game with a field goal with 25 seconds remaining.

"It wasn't too good in the first half of the game, but in the second half I played split end rather than flank. They decided they'd play me more and made me primary receiver," McInally said last night.

Help in the Draft

This game will help him in the football draft in January, he predicted.

"It isn't just the game, it was the week of practice beforehand" he said. "To the pros, I'm raw potential; there are still a lot of techniques I have to learn."

"In pro ball, they always worry about the Ivy Leagues. They worry about me, worry about my speed. I think this game will slow them they don't have to worry," he said.

McInally said he hopes to play professional football for a few years before entering business school, and though he doesn't know which team will choose him he would like to play "on one of the Coasts," he said.